Available Online or Live
This program is jam-packed with music, entertainment and education! Through contemporary & classic cover songs and original works, Ball in the House (BitH) will discuss and teach many aspects of music and performance. Students will discover what “a cappella” is and how it works, explore the technology behind a sound system, hear the various voice parts and how they fit together to make harmony and songs, learn how to beatbox and use rhythm, experience the history of a cappella singing from chant through doo wop, get introduced to songwriting and collaboration and have a chance to ask questions.
The program also addresses the teamwork aspect of performing together and how BitH needs to work together as people and as voices. Through fun rapport and stories of their own experiences as students (dealing with peer pressure, etc.), BitH inspires and encourages students to get involved and stay involved in the arts.
Grades K-12 45-60 minutes
The Ball in the House virtual shows feature:
- taking advantage of the virtual platform to enhance the show with text, photo and video
- pre-show slideshow & music
- student guides with info and links to follow up and explore the ideas brought up in the show
- Q&A and polls through chat, with student questions followed up after the show
- ability to stream on most platforms: Google, Zoom, Vimeo (w/subscription)
Special Needs & Senior Programming
The Totally Vocally program can easily be adapted for different groups.